Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

127/365: Unhappy cat


127/365: Unhappy cat, originally uploaded by riekhavoc.

Today I finally decided it was time to buy that macro lens I've been contemplating for a while now. It is off-brand, and I was skeptical, but the nice guy at the local independent camera shop told me to do my own research and come back if what I saw was impressive.

So I googled for reviews, and saw comparison shots of the Tamron v Canon, and in some cases the Tamron was actually better. So I decided to buy it (the rebate and student rebate helped seal the deal). And I love it!

Here's a shot I could never have gotten with those close up lenses that are cheap and great generally, but miss the mark sometimes. Also, I bought a cool gadget to attach to my flash to make the light softer. It does impressive work!

And yes... the whole time I was centimeters away from my cat's eye, taking her photo, she was very grouchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment