Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Will you buy my art a drink?

I just got word that this photo has been accepted into the Off The Wall art gallery at Dirty Frank's, my favorite monday-night haunt. It's actually pretty hard to get into (I've tried a couple times), and the art is always really exciting.

So, will you join me at Dirty Franks, at 13th and Pine, on December 9th for the opening reception?

The theme is for this show is déjà vu, and here's the statement I wrote about this photo:

My mom died a little over three years ago, and I remember her every day. But this past year, on her birthday, I set out to take a photo to memorialize her, and to bring her memory into my art, since she physically can’t be in it anymore. This was a teacup from her china set. My mom wasn’t perfect, and she wasn’t fancy. But this photo reminds me of the best of her. She was warm, someone you’d want to curl up next to on a cold day. She was beautiful, and colorful. When I look at this photo, I’m reminded of how amazing she was.


1 comment:

  1. Definitely left me in tears, baby doll ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete