Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 286: Artificial


365/286: Artificial, originally uploaded by riekhavoc.

I've been wanting to try out some strobist/lighting techniques recently. It's an area of photography that I'm totally unfamiliar with. Sometimes I read about what people do to make photos beautifully lit and I'm awed by their knowledge. So I thought I'd give it a try today.

This is my curtain, tied in a knot. I rotated the photo 90 degrees clockwise because I liked the horizontal orientation better. As far as lighting, this is lit with a bare light bulb off camera left, at about 10 o'clock, and an off-camera flash at 1/64th power, bounced off the ceiling, off camera right, at about 3 o'clock (Am I describing this right? the clock references are relative to my camera and not the subject). Anyway, for a first try at real strobist work, i like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment