Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 172: NOW it's summer


365/172: NOW it's summer, originally uploaded by riekhavoc.

Today is the official start of summer. And it's the longest day of the year. Which means that, when I woke up at 6am, it was already quite light out. The sun was coming in the kitchen window, and everything was lovely. Now, granted, I didn't mean to wake up so early. It just sort of happened. But there I was, and I thought... well, I never get to take photos in morning light b/c I'm always asleep, so I should give it a try. And the light is wonderful!

So, in honor of long days and long nights and summer, here are three blueberries. Yay summer!

Oh yea, and BOO summer heat! At 6am, it was already hot in my apartment. Luckily, I escaped for 2 days to Detroit for the US Social Forum, so I can avoid the blistering heat for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment